The Network is focusing on the three key aspects:
Network is framing all planning activities, where part of them is presented in "Autoclusters project", as agreed in the Protocol of Collaboration, and signed by PPs at first network meeting.
All project partners cooperate on all project activities in line with declared contribution in Autoclusters' Application Form and actively communicate and discussing next steps of the project implementation between each of them as well as they are consulting all activities with LP and external experts.
Best practices and study on clusters development in South East Europe
In this study we would like to summarize and present past and current Community and other initiatives in the EU in the area of autocluster development. Our aim is to analyze mainly programmes and its results which could help us to put the Autoclusters activities in wider context and eventually identify sources of information.
Innovative trends and main challenges in Automotive Industry
Importance of realized study „Innovation trends and challenges and cooperation possibilities with R&D in automotive industry“. Results of the Study show us that in SEE region are very missing R&D capacities with focus on environmental and safety aspects and ICT. We have identified more than 200 R&D and innovative capacities in SEE region. Based on our Study we have created simple R&D Database describing the innovation capacities potential in SEE (http://www.autoclusters.eu/index.php/rad-database). All outputs/results and recommendations we have used for creating presentations for educational seminars with the main aim to disseminate our ideas about improvement of R&D capacities and building certain efforts and support for increasing innovation level of R&D capacities in each project partners country/region.
We have decided that for our project are interesting countries like Russia and Ukraine for realization of educational seminars. We think that connection between EU and Russia and Ukraine in terms of future automotive industry development is very strategic and important form other points of view like: business development and cooperation in the field of R&D.
Our aim was to bring for all participants new information from automotive industry and our analysis research findings. We hoped that this form of dissemination could help to increase awareness about importance of building new R&D capacities with focus on environmental, safety and ICT aspects. Another important side was emphasis on creating close cooperation between project partners and identified R&D organizations in SEE region.
Each project partner realized necessary educational seminars in cooperation with relevant organization in PP´s country/region.
We have realized 3 educational seminars in ENPI countries (Russia and Ukraine). Two seminars were realized by Automotive Cluster-West Slovakia in Russia (Kaluga and Moskva). One educational seminar was prepared in cooperation of West Pannon Development Company and Automotive Cluster-West Slovakia. Place of the seminar was Uzghorod. This seminar was focused on "Competitiveness and clustering in automobile industry". On seminar was attended by 70 people. The main topic of speeches were: Economic situation of Zakarpattya oblast, development trends and investment possibilities; Concepts of development policy –clustering in Hungary; Presentation of “Eurocar” CJSC and its quality control system; Regional competitiveness – new trends in automobile industry; Experience of “Autoclusters of South-Eastern Europe” project with taking into consideration the processes of clustering; „Autoclusters” – Innovation capacities and clustering in South-East Europe;
The selected second level clustering initiatives focus on:
- Increasing the exchange and cooperation between project partners (mainly to support the innovation circle R&D (University) – automotive incl. Subcontractors as subjects driven innovation – car and part producers as final users of innovation)
- Increasing the capacity for innovation in region by simulating of highly educated experts education in technology areas. Our goal is to stimulate the interest between university students as well as researchers. We would like to stimulate universities to focus on educating of future highly qualified labor force for automotive industry too. We see great chance in stimulating of the innovative during the exchange study visits. During realization we would like to follow the Regions of Knowledge initiative. The aim is to develop the permanent exchange programme within AUTOCLUSTERS Network based on this activity.
In the first phase the events were organized by ComunIprese 24 participants and West Pannon 32 participants
Later on additional Exchange Study Visits have been organized by following PPs:
- AC Serbia on 3rd of June 2010 , Total number of participants 24. Number of Unique participants 8.
- TU Gabrovo on 5th August 2010 , Total number of participants 22. Number of unique Participants 7.
- TU Iasi, Total number of unique participants 62.
During the last year
· one exchange study visit in Split on the University of Split - Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Naval Architecture.
· one exchange study visit in Ljubljana, Slovenia 28th November 2011. ESV took place in Hella Saturnus Slovenia and on the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering in Ljubljana with 11 new participants.
· one exchange study visit in Trnava 9th February 2012 in Center of Excellence 5-axis Machining and in Volkswagen Slovakia in Bratislava also 9th February 2012, together with 43 new participants.
Project partners realized 3 additional exhibitions on universities with totally 710 participants. Total amount of the participants on all study visits is 2956 from 3000 planned in AF. Even if the partners organized additional 3 exhibitions the total number of participants was not reached but there is missing only neglecting number of participants and from the point of view of the whole activity is the result satisfactory and the activity was completed and the amount of participants approved by JTS.
The following paragraphs are a collection of activities performed in the framework of "Autoclusters" project as well as under the framework of "Autoclusters" network, during last two periods (5th and 6th) of the Project, that means the 3rd Year of the Network!
I. Annual report
II. Annual report